Samsung is one company that will never cease to amaze. They have a whole range of smartphones that are surely some of the best that are available in the market today. But that doesn’t stop them from going ahead and innovating and coming up with something that is a step ahead of all the others. Proof for this is the new Galaxy Note.
The Galaxy Note is a smartphone not a tab like the Samsung Galaxy Tab. It has some really great features that are sure to get it all that the attention that it needs.
The most outstanding and visible feature of the smartphone is the large screen that it has. It in fact sports the largest screen that any smartphone has uptil now. It reminds me of a mini tab. The screen does look really attractive in the advertisements and posters, but I feel that it is a bit large to carry around. The clarity of the screen is great. There is no pixilation, no matter how much the picture has been magnified. That is something that is really exceptional and Samsung is publicizing it too.
Processor and memory
The Galaxy Note is powered by a 1.4 GHz processor and that is sure something to watch out far. The smartphone is more of a genius and yeah it’s fast. It comes in to variants with respect to the memory. One is a 16GB version and the other is a 32 GB version. What’s even better is that you can expand the memory by 32GB as an external memory slot has been provided.
The handset is extremely light and even though it’s big, it can be gripped easily.
The Galaxy Note is almost as good as a digital camera as it has an 8 MP rear facing camera that has integrated LED Flash and a 2 MP front facing camera that enables video calling. The pictures that are clicked come out great on the screen. The front facing camera is almost invisible in case you get the black model of the Galaxy Note
Galaxy Note has a really edgy stylus that they have christened as the “S Pen”. The pen is located in the lower portion of the back panel of the phone and yes, it does look pretty apart from being very useful.
Take a look at the general features and specifications of the Galaxy Note given below:
- HSPA+ up to 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100
- 4G LTE
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- 5.3” WXGA (1280 x 800) screen*
- HD Super AMOLED
- Android™ 2.3(Gingerbread)
- Main(Rear) : 8 MP with LED Flash / Front : 2 MP
- Action Shot, Beauty, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
- 16GB Internal memory + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Accelerometer, Digitalcompass, Proximity, Barometer, Light
- Bluetooth® technology v 3.0 + HS
- USB 2.0 HOST
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Full touch+ S Pen (Advanced smart pen)
- Codec : MP3, AAC, AMR, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG
- Music Player with SoundAlive
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- 1080p Full HD video recording & playback
- Recording: 1080p@24~30fps/
- Playback: 1080p@30fps
- Codec: MPEG4/ H.263/ H.264/ DivX, Xvid, WMV, VC-1
- Standard battery, Li-on 2,500 mAh
On the whole, I can’t really term the Galaxy Note as a smartphone given its screen size, nor can I call it a tablet as it is too small to be one. So it’s like a lab prepared cross between a smartphone and a tablet and that is quite intriguing. It has all the great features of both the devices and that makes it highly desirable. Seems like Samsung just came out with a whole new category for phones with the Galaxy Note.
This post is sponsored by Samsung